Friday, March 13, 2009

AOTL Update March 13


Hi again from the soggy, cold, south Texas town of New Braunfels. Here are two photos of some jewelry made by Jodi Abel, one of our artists who'll be featured at Art on the Loop.


Only a week away, we're still getting artists in to participate, and the word is getting out around town! Make sure to invite all your friends; it's going to be great!

AOTL is hosted by Northpoint Church, pastored by Brian and Sallie Leifeste, one of the coolest couples I know. They have graciously allowed us to use their facilities, located right off Loop 337 (behind New Braunfels Bible Church). Our last AOTL was so successful that they couldn't wait to host another one! Thanks, Brian and Sallie, for being so generous.


Above and below you see two canvas bags of mine that I've been painting to show at AOTL. Sarah Joy gave me the idea (ok so I totally copied her) when I was at her house, helping paint canvas bags for orphans in India. Yes, Sarah is that awesome of a person. She's traveled to India twice and makes art/jewelry to sell and sends the money back to India. Anyway, I was decorating bags for her when I thought it'd be neat to make more for AOTL. I think Sarah will have some of her own on display there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment